Tuesday, 27 July 2021•
Join the APSA Team - Events Coordinator
The Asia Pacific Screen Academy (APSA) is seeking an experienced Events Coordinator to help deliver the 14th Asia Pacific Screen Awards and 3rd Asia Pacific Screen Forum, running 11-16 November 2021.
Established in 2007, APSA ignites and honours the cinematic excellence and cultural diversity of the world’s fastest growing film region: comprising 70 countries and areas, 4.5 billion people, and responsible for half of the world’s film output.
Reporting to the Executive Director and commencing part-time in August the role will move to full-time from mid-September to late-November. The candidate will ideally be based on the Gold Coast and able to work remotely. We are seeking someone highly motivated, who is able to work autonomously within a close-knit team, and has the ability to hit the ground running whilst supporting the Executive Director and Awards Program Manager.
- Event logistics for the hybrid Asia Pacific Screen Forum and Awards Ceremony
- Coordinating promotional activities and satellite events with international partners in the lead up to and during the Awards Ceremony
- Technical schedules and runsheets for the Awards and Forum
- Venue, talent and entertainment management
- Ticketing and RSVP management
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful you need to:
- Hold a qualification in Events Management, Marketing or related discipline, and/or demonstrated experience in a similar role coordinating events
- Build cooperative and supportive relationships across the organisation to solve problems, develop better processes and approaches to work
- Take responsibility for delivering outcomes within prescribed timeframes and working with relevant people to successfully achieve goals
- Monitor progress against program deadlines, budgets and contracts to ensure compliance
- Have cultural awareness and appreciation for working with international partners and artists
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to present information clearly in person and in writing
Please send your cover letter and resume to Jaclyn McLendon, Executive Director at [email protected] by COB Monday 2 August 2021.