Thursday, 26 November 2015•
There are just a few hours until tonight’s 9th Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) at Brisbane’s City Hall.
It will be the night of nights for the Asia Pacific region’s internationally renowned actors, filmmakers and special guests, who will walk the red carpet in Brisbane showcasing a spectacular array of black tie and national dress in King George Square from 5.30pm (AEST).
Brisbane locals and visitors are encouraged to bring their country’s flag to wave in support of the industry’s achievements.
A total of 39 films from 22 countries and areas are nominated in the region’s highest accolade in film.
CLICK HERE to view the full list of 2015 APSA nominations
APSA red carpet arrivals will include:
– International fashion model and actress Evgeniya Mandzhieva (The Gulls)
– Australian legend and APSA Academy President Jack Thompson
– Iconic Filipino actress and nominee Shamaine Buencamino (Lorna)
– APSA-nominated actor, Korean superstar Jung Jaeyoung (Right Now, Wrong Then)
– One of the world’s leading cinematographers and APSA nominee Mark Lee Ping-bing (The Assassin)
– Award-winning Australian filmmakers Rolf de Heer and Molly Reynolds (Another Country)
– Star of stage and screen in Egypt, one of the biggest film industries in the world, Esaad Younis.
– Tibetan actor and superstar comedian Shide Nyima (Tharlo)
– Leading Iranian actress Fatemeh Motamed Arya (Avalanche)
– Highly renowned Korean actress Lee Young-lan (End of Winter)
– Russian actress Victoria Korotkova from Berlin Silver Bear winner (Under Electric Clouds)
– APSA International Jury President, APSA Patron and Busan International Film Festival founder and honorary director Kim Dong-Ho
– APSA International Jury members: acclaimed Iranian Actress Negar Javaherian (Tales, Painting Pool, Melbourne), award-winning Bangladeshi writer/director Mostofa Sarwar Farooki, Malaysian filmmaker U-Wei Bin HajiSaari, renowned Russian writer/director Alexei Popogrebsky and filmmaker and Beijing Film Academy Professor, Zhang Xianmin.
– APSA Ceremony presenters: Singapore’s Cannes award-winning filmmaker and APSA winner Anthony Chen (Ilo Ilo) and Australian television personality Sofie Formica
– Turkish Delegation of filmmakers led by Cannes Palme d’Or winning producer Zeynep Ozbatur Atakan (Winter Sleep) and representatives from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Turkey
– Mike Ellis, President of the Motion Picture Association
– Australian delegation of writers, directors and producers, including: Kim Mordaunt (The Rocket), Amiel Courtin-Wilson(Bastardy), Nadia Tass, Pauline Chan (33 Postcards) and James Lingwood.
WATCH THE CEREMONY WEBCAST LIVE on Thursday, 26 November 2015 from 19.00 (AEST):
The Asia Pacific Screen Awards, proudly presented by Treasury Casino and Hotel, is supported by Brisbane City Council and managed by economic development board Brisbane Marketing in a unique collaboration with Paris-based UNESCO and FIAPF-International Federation of Film Producers Associations. It recognises and promotes cinematic excellence and cultural diversity of the world’s fastest-growing film region: comprising 70 countries and areas, 4.5 billion people, and responsible for half of the world’s film output.