Thursday, 4 December 2014•
It will be the night of nights for the Asia Pacific region’s internationally-renowned actors, filmmakers and special guests, who will walk the black carpet right here in Brisbane.
Around 1200 film industry luminaries are expected to attend the 8th annual Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSA) ceremony on Thursday, 11 December 2014 at Brisbane City Hall. 36 films from 21 Asia Pacific countries are nominated for this year’s awards, which are the region’s highest accolade in film. The ceremony is by far the largest and most prestigious group of international filmmakers to assemble anywhere in Australia.
The confirmed list of guests features:
- Academy Award winners
- 2014 Cannes Palme d’Or winners
- 2014 Berlin Golden Bear winners PLUS
- Nominees and industry representatives from all nine award categories, many of them superstars in their own country.
International black carpet arrivals, showcasing a spectacular array of black tie and national dress, will take place in King George Square from 5.30pm.
- Legendary Australian Aboriginal actor David Gulpilil (Charlie’s Country)
- Oscar-winning Australian producer Emile Sherman (The King’s Speech).
- Acclaimed New Zealand actor and producer Cliff Curtis (Once Were Warriors, Training Day, The Dark Horse)
- Internationally-acclaimed Palestinian actress/director/writer Hiam Abbass (EXODUS: Gods and Kings, The Visitor)
- Filipino screen legend and star of more than 200 films Nora Aunor (Justice)
- Dr Jack Thompson AM, Australian screen legend and APSA Academy President
- Ceremony presenter and acclaimed Australian actor Aaron Pedersen (Mystery Road)
APSA welcomes applications for accreditation from national and international media for the black carpet arrivals and awards ceremony and for the three days of activities in the lead-up to the ceremony.
Apply TODAY for media accreditation: CLICK HERE
CLICK HERE to view the full list of 2014 APSA nominations